1) Information about the collection of personal data and contact details of the person responsible
- 1.1 We are pleased that you are visiting our website and thank you for your interest. In the following we will inform you about the handling of your personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data with which you can be personally identified.
- 1.2 The person responsible for data processing on this website within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is IBRIE Foundation, The Clarence Centre, 6 St Georges Circus, SE1 6FE; Tel (+44) 0203-004-9257, E-Mail: email@example.com. The person responsible for the processing of personal data is the natural or legal person who, alone or together with others, decides on the purposes and means of processing personal data.
1.3 For security reasons and to protect the transmission of personal data and other confidential content (e.g. orders or inquiries to the person responsible), this website uses an SSL or. TLS encryption. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the character string “https: //” and the lock symbol in your browser line.
2) Data collection when you visit our website
If you only use our website for informational purposes, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect data that your browser transmits to our server (so-called “server log files”). When you visit our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display the website to you:
- Our visited website
- Date and time at the time of access
- Amount of data sent in bytes
- Source / reference from which you came to the page
- Browser used
- Operating system used
- IP address used (if applicable: in anonymous form)
Processing takes place in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR based on our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. The data will not be passed on or used in any other way. However, we reserve the right to check the server log files retrospectively if there are concrete indications of illegal use.
In order to make visiting our website attractive and to enable the use of certain functions, we use so-called cookies on various pages. These are small text files that are stored on your device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted again after the end of the browser session, i.e. after you close your browser (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your device and enable us or our partner companies (third-party cookies) to recognize your browser the next time you visit (persistent cookies). If cookies are set, they collect and process specific user information such as browser and location data as well as IP address values. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period,
In some cases, cookies are used to simplify the ordering process by saving settings (e.g. remembering the contents of a virtual shopping cart for a later visit to the website). If personal data is also processed by individual cookies implemented by us, processing takes place in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b GDPR either for the execution of the contract or in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR to safeguard our legitimate interests in the best possible functionality of the website and a customer-friendly and effective design of the page visit.
We may work with advertising partners who help us to make our website more interesting for you. For this purpose, cookies from partner companies are also stored on your hard drive when you visit our website (third-party cookies). If we work with the aforementioned advertising partners, you will be informed individually and separately about the use of such cookies and the scope of the information collected within the following paragraphs.
Please note that you can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and individually decide whether to accept them or to exclude the acceptance of cookies in certain cases or in general. Each browser differs in the way it manages cookie settings. This is described in the help menu of every browser, which explains how you can change your cookie settings. You can find these for the respective browser under the following links:
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/de-de/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/de/kb/cookies- allow-and-reject
Opera: http : //help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/de/cookies.html
Please note that if you do not accept cookies, the functionality of our website may be restricted.
When you contact us (e.g. using the contact form or email), personal data is collected. Which data is collected in the case of a contact form can be seen from the respective contact form. These data are stored and used exclusively for the purpose of answering your request or for establishing contact and the associated technical administration. The legal basis for the processing of the data is our legitimate interest in answering your request in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR. If your contact is aimed at concluding a contract, the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b GDPR. Your data will be deleted after your request has been processed; this is the case if it can be inferred from the circumstances.
5) Data processing when opening a customer account and for contract processing
According to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b GDPR, personal data will continue to be collected and processed if you provide them to us for the execution of a contract or when opening a customer account. Which data is collected can be seen from the respective input forms. A deletion of your customer account is possible at any time and can be done by sending a message to the above address of the person responsible. We save and use the data you have provided to process the contract. After the contract has been fully processed or your customer account has been deleted, your data will be blocked with due regard to tax and commercial retention periods and deleted after these periods have expired.
5) Use of your data for direct mail
5.1 Registration for our e-mail newsletter
If you register for our e-mail newsletter, we will send you regular information about our projects and events. The only mandatory information for sending the newsletter is your e-mail address. The provision of any further data is voluntary and is used in order to be able to address you personally. We use the so-called double opt-in procedure to send the newsletter. This means that we will only send you an e-mail newsletter if you have expressly confirmed to us that you consent to the sending of the newsletter. We will then send you a confirmation email asking you to click on a link to confirm that you want to receive the newsletter in the future.
By activating the confirmation link, you give us your consent to the use of your personal data in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a GDPR. When you register for the newsletter, we save your IP address entered by the Internet Service Provider (ISP) as well as the date and time of registration in order to be able to trace any possible misuse of your e-mail address at a later point in time. The data collected by us when registering for the newsletter are used exclusively for the purpose of advertising via the newsletter. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time via the link provided in the newsletter or by sending a message to the person responsible mentioned above. After you have unsubscribed, your e-mail address will be deleted from our newsletter distribution list immediately,
5.2 Sending the e-mail newsletter to existing donors
If you have provided us with your e-mail address when donating to our charity, we reserve the right to regularly send you updates on our projects and events. In accordance with Section 7 (3) UWG, we do not need to obtain separate consent from you for this. In this respect, data processing takes place solely on the basis of our legitimate interest in personalized direct mail in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR. If you initially objected to the use of your e-mail address for this purpose, we will not send you an e-mail. You are entitled to object to the use of your e-mail address for the aforementioned advertising purpose at any time with effect for the future by notifying the person responsible named at the beginning. For this you only have to pay transmission costs according to the basic tariffs. After receipt of your objection, the use of your e-mail address for advertising purposes will be stopped immediately.
6) Use of Social Media: Videos
Use of Youtube Videos
This website uses the YouTube embedding function to display and play back videos from the provider “YouTube”, which belongs to Google LLC., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”).
Regardless of whether or not the embedded videos are played, a connection to the Google “DoubleClick” network is established every time this website is accessed, which can trigger further data processing operations beyond our control.
Google LLC, based in the USA, is certified for the US-European data protection agreement “Privacy Shield”, which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU.
You can find more information on data protection at “YouTube” in the provider’s data protection declaration at: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy
7) Tools and miscellaneous
Google Web Fonts
This site uses so-called web fonts provided by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Ireland (“Google”) for the uniform display of fonts. When you call up a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose, the browser you are using must connect to the Google servers. This can also result in the transmission of personal data to the servers of Google LLC. come in the US. In this way, Google learns that our website has been accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web Fonts takes place in the interest of a uniform and appealing presentation of our online offers. This represents a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR. If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font will be used by your computer.
In the event that personal data is transmitted to Google LLC. based in the USA, Google LLC. Certified for the US-European data protection agreement “Privacy Shield”, which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU. A current certificate can be viewed here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/list
8) Web analytics services
Google (Universal) Analytics
Google Analytics: This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and that enable your use of the website to be analyzed. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website (including the shortened IP address) is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
This website uses Google Analytics exclusively with the extension “_anonymizeIp ()”, which ensures anonymization of the IP address by shortening it and excludes direct personal reference. As a result of the extension, your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. The full IP address is only transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there in exceptional cases. In these exceptional cases, this processing takes place in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR based on our legitimate interest in statistical analysis of user behavior for optimization and marketing purposes.
Google will use this information on our behalf to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide us with other services relating to website activity and internet usage. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and from processing this data by Google by downloading the browser plug-in available under the following link and install:
As an alternative to the browser plug-in or within browsers on mobile devices, please click on the following link to set an opt-out cookie that will prevent Google Analytics from collecting data on this website in the future (this opt-out cookie only works in this browser and only for this domain, delete your cookies in this browser, you have to click this link again): Deactivate
Google Analytics Google LLC, based in the USA, is certified for the US-European data protection agreement “Privacy Shield”, which the Compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU guaranteed.
You can find more information on how Google Analytics handles user data in Google’s data protection declaration: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de
9) Retargeting / Remarketing / Referral Advertising
Facebook Custom Audience via the pixel process
This website uses the “Facebook pixel” from Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA (“Facebook”). In the event that express consent has been given, the behavior of users can be tracked after they have seen or clicked on a Facebook advertisement. This procedure is used to evaluate the effectiveness of Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes and can help to optimize future advertising measures.
The data collected is anonymous to us, so it does not allow us to draw any conclusions about the identity of the user. However, the data is stored and processed by Facebook so that a connection to the respective user profile is possible and Facebook can use the data for its own advertising purposes in accordance with the Facebook data usage guideline (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/). You can enable Facebook and its partners to place advertisements on and outside of Facebook. A cookie can also be stored on your computer for these purposes. These processing operations are only carried out when express consent is given in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
Consent to the use of the Facebook pixel may only be given by users who are older than 13 years. If you are younger, please ask your legal guardian for permission.
Facebook Inc., based in the USA, is certified for the US-European data protection agreement “Privacy Shield”, which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU.
10) Rights of the data subject
The applicable data protection law grants you comprehensive rights of data subjects (information and intervention rights) vis-à-vis the person responsible with regard to the processing of your personal data, about which we will inform you below:
- Right to information in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR: In particular, you have a right to information about your personal data processed by us, the processing purposes, the categories of personal data processed, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned Storage period or the criteria for determining the storage period, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing, objection to processing, complaint to a supervisory authority, the origin of your data if we did not collect them from you, the Existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if necessary,Meaningful information about the logic involved and the scope and the intended effects of such processing, as well as your right to be informed about the guarantees that exist in accordance with Art. 46 GDPR when your data is forwarded to third countries;
- Right to correction in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR: You have the right to immediate correction of incorrect data concerning you and / or completion of your incomplete data stored by us;
- Right to deletion according to Art. 17 GDPR: You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data if the requirements of Art. 17 Para. 1 GDPR are met. However, this right does not exist in particular if the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfill a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- Right to restriction of processing in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR: You have the right to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted as long as the correctness of your data is checked, if you refuse to delete your data due to inadmissible data processing and instead request the Request restriction of the processing of your data if you need your data to assert, exercise or defend legal claims after we no longer need this data after the purpose has been achieved or if you have objected to reasons of your particular situation, as long as it has not yet been determined whether our legitimate Reasons outweigh;
- Right to information in accordance with Art. 19 GDPR: If you have asserted the right to correction, deletion or restriction of processing against the person responsible, the person responsible is obliged to notify all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed, this correction or deletion of the data or Notification of the restriction of processing, unless this proves to be impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed about these recipients.
- Right to data portability in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR: You have the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another person responsible, insofar as this is technically feasible;
- Right to revoke consent given in accordance with Art. 7 Paragraph 3 GDPR: You have the right to revoke your consent to the processing of data at any time with future effect. In the event of revocation, we will delete the data concerned immediately, unless further processing can be based on a legal basis for processing without consent. Withdrawing consent does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of consent up to the point of withdrawal;
- Right to lodge a complaint in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR: If you are of the opinion that the processing of your personal data violates the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your place of residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
- Right to object in accordance with Art 21 GDPR: In accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you. This applies in particular also for an objection to processing for the purpose of direct marketing.
11) Duration of storage of personal data
The duration of the storage of personal data is based on the respective statutory retention period (e.g. commercial and tax retention periods). After the deadline has expired, the relevant data is routinely deleted, provided that it is no longer required for contract fulfillment or contract initiation and / or we have no legitimate interest in further storage.
Please note that this data protection declaration applies exclusively to the IBRIE Foundation website. Other Internet offers, including those that can be accessed from our website via links, are very likely subject to different regulations. If necessary, please contact the respective providers about the data protection regulations applicable there.
This data protection declaration was last updated on March 9, 2021.